Monday, February 4, 2013



What’s your favorite local restaurant? My favorite is Sprig and Vine. (Shout out!! <3)  If I got $1 for every person I told about that place I would most certainly be a millionaire, and most likely soaking up the sun in Peru or some fantasy land.

Speaking of fantasy…. We were told as kids to think BIG, we can do anything we put our mind to. So, when we “grow up” we are conflicted with ways of living, with the main focus on making money to bring happiness. It sure doesn’t take long to get caught in the hamster wheel of searching for the, “one day I will be happy and able to enjoy all my hard work”.

You can ask the question, what does bring me happiness that I can’t buy with money? What ignites my fire within and makes me jump up and down for joy just from the thought of it?  When I fill my life up with joy, and only settle for what brings fulfillment, that my friend is the fantasy I imagined life to be like, “when I grow up”. Imagination is such an amazing tool. I believe it is the archive of all possibilities in existence. So, the next time you catch yourself fantasizing of something that brings joy, allow it to be. Don’t question or deny the fact that it is possible.


Sprig and Vine’s Tofu Salad Wrap sure sounds good right about now. (I love to recreate my own version of dishes that I get from restaurants.) This following recipe was inspired ….. by Thanks Sprig and Vine!!! (I will see you soon )

Tofu Salad

1 Block of firm/extra firm sprouted tofu
1 yellow/ red pepper
1 cucumber
1 small shallot and green onion
2 stalks of celery
3-5 T of vegeanise or mayonnaise
1 T yellow mustard powder/ or any mustard
1 T dill fresh or dried
1 t turmeric powder 
3 T capers
1 t horseradish paste

  1. Cut the tofu into even cute little squares; and cut the veggies into small uniform pieces then set in a mixing bowl.
  2. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard, herbs, capers, and horseradish. Once evenly mixed with a wooden spoon, gently mix into chopped salad ingredients.
  3. As always, Place your hands over the food and send your heart energy and good intentions.

This salad will keep in the fridge for up to a week. I like to use it for wraps, sandwiches, quesadillas, green salad topper, or wrapped in greens. Possibilities are endless. Use your imagination, and above all ENJOY! 




No comments:

Post a Comment