Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kelp Noodle Salad

Last Saturday I went to a raw vegan potluck at Arnold's Way in Landsdale PA. Arnold is a good friend of mine who I love to see as much as possible because he is living his passion and has such a powerful mission he committed his life to. As soon as we see each other we hug for 20 seconds and he picks me up, as we laugh. Arnold tells everyone a 20 second hug CAN heal. (Check out all of his YouTube Videos)

Hugs are amazingly comforting from a loving person. Always thought it had something to do with connecting hearts together and meeting from a place of feeling and sensing as apposed to seeing, Quite frankly I feel we overuse the sense of sight and under use the sense of feeling.

The raw vegan lifestyle had profound effects on my well being and also incorporate it into my daily life. Experimented strictly for a few years and learned so much about my inner strength. When I started raw I took on the hobby of running, started with 3 miles then shortly thereafter got up to 16. That alone proved the benefits of the lifestyle.

At the potluck I was asked to give out the recipe so here it goes:

Kelp Noodle Salad:

1 bag of kelp noodles rinsed and dried
1/2 head of cabbage
2 carrots
1 small  dakion radish
2 green onions
1/4 cup of raw almonds
coconut amions, or low sodium soy sauce

Place kelp noodles in a bowl. Chop up the veggies to preferred size and marinate in soy sauce with kelp noodles.

Dressing:    

3/4 cup of raw sprouted almonds (soaked overnight, then rinsed, drained for 8 hours)
1/2 cup of clean water
 3 T sesame oil
 2 T miso
1 T lemon juice
1 T coconut vinegar
1 T honey or maple syrup
chili flakes, chili powder, and a few drops of ginger therapeutic grade essential oil  

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender (Vitamix). Drizzle dressing and hand mix into salad. 

This salad is great even after days in the refrigerator. Lots of room for variations so please find what you like and give it a try. Get creative, you can place over green salad, wrap it in collards, raw nori or lettuce. 

Stay Funky Fresh my Friends!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment