Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Energy: How do you intake and use energy?

Let’s hear some April Fools Pranks…



If anyone would like to share, comment bellow. We could all use a good laugh, as they say laughter is the best medicine. And to be quite honest, with my sense of humor I was a little scared to post any April fools joke…

I will leave it at that. 

On the contrary, We all fall into patterns of  ‘over-concern to what people think of me’.  We are conditioned early on with approval seeking behavior, to please our parents, teachers, adults, superiors, ect.  We are trained to conform to the groups.

“Care about people’s approval and you will be their prisoner” Lao Tzu

You as a person are no less, or no more, based on how many people like and approve you. From our youth we are given the impression that the most successful is somehow the result of being the most popular. There will always be those who do not like you at all. But you would be the fool to believe there is anything wrong with you. You are already whole and complete as a person, and do not need other people to make you happy. Happiness begins with self-content.

Let me mention a conscious tip though, if you stay fully aware, there is always an underlying message. We are all reflections of each other. As you can see what aggravates you about someone else is probably something that you don’t like about yourself. So notice where you judge people and disapprove of others.

I had a few request for energy bars the past few weeks.  Quite frankly, I rarely make the same twice.  So, today I went shopping at Bunn’s Health Food store, and picked up some favorite dried fruit and nuts/seeds that excited me.

<3 (Figs, Mulberries, Cherries, Hemp seeds, and Almonds)

This recipe was based on feeling so I apologize if you would like measurements. Although, I find about a 1:1 ratio of dried fruit and nuts/seeds works lovely.

Here are the ingredients I used:
Figs, Mulberries, Cherries, Lavender Honey, Hemp Seeds, Almonds, Cacao Nibs, Coconut Flour

First, I pulsed the fruit and honey in a food processor. (Be sure to remove the stem from figs if using) Then I slowly added the hemp seeds, almonds and cacao nibs. (Each food processor is different.) Every few seconds scape the side with a spatula.  I added coconut flour and hand mixed to bind it together and allow for better handling.  Place wax paper over a square or rectangular container, and press the batter in making it as even and flat as possible. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, then remove and cut into bars. I like to wrap in portions and keep in the refrigerator.

They are great for busy yogis, as I usually have some type of snack right after class. Like always, possibilities are endless. Use whatever ingredients excite you and try to have an open mind with pure intentions- You surely will tune into what your body needs.
Picture 483 
Namaste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment