Thursday, August 8, 2013

Peachy Cool

Hello friends!
I’m a little confused why I have goosebumps outside in the month of August. Well, at least I can go to hot yoga and get my sweat on there!
Peaches are among the list of only eat in season, personally. Just like tomatoes, it’s so worth the wait for local organic in season. My dear friend recently gave me some local peaches from a farm down the road. D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.   My first thought as soon as they touched my hands…. Peach Cobbler!! :) Now my friends, I do value healthy eating and am constantly creating new ways to enjoy tasty treats that agree with me on every level.
Here is my take on Peach Cobbler in 10…..
Ingredients: 
  • 1 Cup of Raw Almonds soaked in clean water overnight or a few hours
  • (Optional walnuts or pecans)
  • 1 Cup of medjool dates or any good fresh variety, pitted and soaked for 10 minutes
  • 1 t Ceylon Cinnamon
  • 1/4 t Sea Salt
  • 2-4 Organic Local Peaches or any other desired fruit
Simple Instructions:
Pulse the dates in the food processor until they form a nice paste with few clumps of dates. Place date paste in a mixing bowl. Then process the nuts, cinnamon, and sea salt until it forms fine chunks. Pour nut blend over date paste and hand massage with love. Slice peaches and generously sprinkle crumble over and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy immediately. The nut crumble can be stored in fridge for a week; Or this can be made in a shallow baking dish.
So if that recipe doesn’t tickle your fancy, following is a healthier version of a traditional cobbler.(To be honest I have never made this version... sounds yummy though.) 

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups peaches (sliced and peeled)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup butter/ghee/vegan butter
  • 1 1/2 cups flour, any choice
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk, any choice

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a saucepan, combine peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and water. Mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
  • In a saucepan, melt vegan butter, 1 cup sugar, flour, and soy/almond milk.
  • Pour mixture into 3-quart baking dish. Spoon fruit on top. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
  • Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. (Batter will rise to top during baking).
  • Serve warm with your favorite ice cream!
It’s peach season baby, so go out picking and get busy making that cobbler. Enjoy!
IMG_20130808_121927.jpg
 “If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
― Swami SatchidanandaThe Yoga Sutras
Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment